I am SO excited about this project! Sheep to Shawl, seriously.
I got 8 ounces of raw fleece from a rescued cormo ewe that had not been
shorn for over two years. The fiber had been even longer, but they’d had
to cut off a few inches at the outside. The staple length was still
incredibly long (9-11”) for cormo! I washed it, huge lock by huge lock.
I dyed it with food coloring and vinegar in the microwave.
I spun lock by lock, flick combing the ends with a cat brush and picking
out bits of VM. It was an interesting spin! The long staple made it a
bit of a strain on my fingers. Here’s a spinning progress shot.
I finished spinning and navajo-plied it. Here’s the finished yarn.
After months of trying to find the right project, I knitted the yarn into this Capelet
for my daughter! She LOVES it. :)
A day after it was finished, I couldn't help myself...
so adorable! awesome work on the fiber as well! thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
oH MY that is so coolReplyDelete